Thursday, June 14, 2012

When you haven't the longing any longer


Do I have the 'je ne sais qua'
your senses require?
The chemical intensity
to ease your frantic fire?
I'd be the eager pup
responding at the first
to simply quench your thirst.
Just a stop gap; tap-tap,
are you still up?
You never have to rattle 'round
letting the darkness surround you.
You don't need to raffle off
your body and soul forever.
I'm pleased to simply be around you.
And then go away
at the break of another day,
when you're feeling that much stronger.
If you haven't the longing
any longer.
There's a difference,
I know in the description
between first aid and  prescription;
Between an occasional tick
and long term addiction.
I'll gladly put my arm around you,
and then 'come what may'
at the break of the new day
when you are that much stronger.
When you haven't the longing
any longer.
Call me a door mat? That's that.
are you so sure?
You have the right to call it what you like
I think I'll think of it as a cure.

And at the breaking of  the day
I will go away
If the need goes faint
instead of stronger;
if you haven't the longing
any longer.


[who is reading? please feel feel to comment constructively.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment