Saturday, June 2, 2012

Daisy (She Loves Me Not)

You summoned me to your gate
and said come in, but not too far.
You asked me for my blessings,
accompanied on guitar.
Caught a glimpse of who you want to be
but you don't know who you are.

Daisy, Daisy it's terribly sad, but true
You're half crazy but
I could easily fall in love with you.
Each time we're together
I feel more alone
Must be a bit like trying to get
love out of a stone.

Said you read all about my tribe
in a quarterly magazine:
A race of men who should only be heard,
and rarely, or never seen.
A mixture would yield a headier brew
but you can't have your beef cake
and converse with him, too.

Another day, another 24 hours;
another sunrise and sunset
lining up to break through.
Another 'been there, done that'
while I think about seeing you.
Another batch of bright brochures
painting April rain;
moon lit cruises and Eiffel Towers.
Impossible dreams to share
with someone who isn't there.

Daisy, Daisy. Sad but still true.
It's totally crazy I know, I know
but now it's me, crazy for you.
But each time we're together
I'm left on my own
I'd be better off trying to squeeze
love from a stone.

[who is reading? please feel feel to comment constructively.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment