Monday, June 18, 2012

When Worlds Collide


There is an aspect of your essence
which draws me to you instinctively.
A sequence in my DNA which
becomes all too clear in the vacuum
of my present space.
Engulfed in the exotic atmosphere,
your gravity will influence my trajectory:
Moving me only fast enough to circle,
too lazily to ever break free.
I harbor no affinity for the icy
independence of an asteroid. 
But it seems I've been an eternal satellite
This familiar dance
which I perform so well.
Facilitating the phases;
presiding over the tides;
Always facing the central sphere
as she encompasses my horizons.

Just once, before the invisible
threads of the universe unravel
and I am cast off
to disintegrate in the void,
I want to know how it might feel
to be the Planet.


[who is reading? please feel feel to comment constructively.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment