Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I wish that I could hear your voice.


I wish that I could hear your voice
if the choice were mine to make
I’d like to talk with you
Hear the shadings in your words,
the way your tongue and lips move
to form sounds. soft and harsh
the choking whispers and  the startled gasps.
Your breath flowing from deep
in your chest near to where
your heart resides
I wish I could hear your laugh
if the chance were mine to take
to make you laugh,
I’d take that chance
I’d make that choice
to hear your voice and imagine
that you are within reach
to hear the nuance of your
speech and catch the vibrations
in my ears.
I wish I could hear you sigh
as your voice begins to break.
the hesitation when you
hold back. The delight
in your own delight
when you release a phrase
and hear yourself for the first time.
The strange and the familiar blend
the voice from your mouth and the
one in my head; contrasted and compared
the woman and the girl,
the stranger and the friend
the mystery, the magic and the mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment