Wednesday, July 24, 2013

simple song of love


Days, even the best of them, well
it seems as all they ever do is pass -
like clouds across the pale blue skies,
or dragon flies,
skipping, over blades of grass.

But the days we've spent together
will never leave me.
The days we spend together
will never fade away completely.

Love, I don't know what it is
or what it's supposed to do.
All I know, all I ever know,
is how I feel when I'm with you.

Suspend your disbelief
for just an ordinary day.
Suspend your disbelief
and let defenses fall away.

You've gone about as far
as sleeping can be taking you.
Better now to find a kiss,
the one that will awaken you.
Better now to find a life,
a life you can awaken to

And the days we spend together
will never leave us or lead us astray.
the days we'll spend together
will never fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment