Saturday, July 13, 2013

exactly nothing

You owe me exactly nothing
and someday I mean to collect.
It isn't a question of timing
only a matter of abject neglect.
I'm impoverished of your affection,
a situation requiring impossible correction,
while I'm privately eyeing the prize 
I'm denying I treasure.
You're my guilty pleasure.

I owe you exactly nothing
and somehow I'm preparing to pay.
It isn't a question of why
just a matter of finding a way.
You're immune to my useless distraction
out of tune with my limited power of attraction
while you're silently crying. Your 
eyes should be good for
more than perennial waterfalls. 

I have no opinions but those 
that I keep under wraps.
Your doubts and their minions
might catch me up quick in
exquisitely beautiful traps.
But life is too short to be hiding
with longings unspoken.
And a heart's not in play if it's 
always afraid to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment