Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Down to my last heartache

I’m up to nothing special
I’m up to my old tricks
I’m up too high and way too late
to be playing pick up sticks
If I can't get down to the old brass tacks
ought'a put myself to bed
but I’m down to my last heartache,
so I’ll go with that instead.

I’m in for the duration
and a little off my game
I’m pretty fair at solitaire
but it always ends the same.
It won’t be long till sunrise
at least that’s what they’re warning
but I’ll just feel my last heartache
in the cold grey light of morning.

I’m out to gather rose buds.
I’m into plants these days

Down to my last heartache
it was bound to pass this way
O, its easy come and easy go
no matter what I endeavor
but the heartaches linger on so long
and the last one lasts forever.

[who is reading? please feel feel to comment constructively.]


No comments:

Post a Comment