Saturday, July 9, 2016

4 b a

On a scale of one to ten
you are off the chart.
I couldn't love you any more
if I had another heart.

But I'm fighting an uphill battle
That's becoming a slippery slope
So out manned and so undermined.
So clearly you're not so inclined.
Still I'm long on faith if short on hope.
So clarity will need be its own reward.
Dots gone largely unconnected.
deceptions deservedly undetected.
I am there for you.
I am, therefore, you.

If i didn't know better
I'd dare believe you care for me.
If I didn't know any better
I'd swear every evening
the sun is lost at sea.
But I pray that the day
is still heading this way
When I'll know the hour is right.
Somethings like these
are never planned.
Who fingers love
as second hand?
But if the old gloves fit
And you find your wit still about you
I'd think that I could live without you
But I should know better.

Couldn't I put this in reverse if I try?
We must move forward or let a promise die
I never thought I'd have an 'only one' again.
On a scale of one to ten
this one is off the chart.
you own my only heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment