Thursday, August 28, 2014

unceremoniously

Throw me a bone
Romeo's cover has been suddenly blown
Just when he was gaining
on the great unknown.
Unceremoniously.
But it always seems to go round that way.
At least it tends to sound that way.
Here, where the deer and the antelope play.
Long ago
Was it me or you practicing
'Turn To Stone'?
For endless hours sitting all alone,
Unceremoniously.
It's a pity that I never thought to pray
For the deer and the antelope
In Mother Nature's transcendental way.

Home, home on the range.
Wonder why normal feels so ghastly strange?
Wonder what Romeo would have had to say
If not for Shakespeare standing in his way?
Unceremoniously.
Throw me a bone.
When you are gone
I'm gonna turn to stone.
I think I'm headed for that great unknown.
Sure as Poseidon sits atop his fishy throne.
Beneath the briny sea
Unceremoniously.
I'd sing his praises night and day
Where the squid and the jellyfish are said to play.
I ask the questions in a million ways
But the answers always coming out the same.
Home, home on the range

No comments:

Post a Comment